Fascinated with the ephemeral beauty of soap bubbles, and wanting to observe their ever-changing condition unobtrusively, Peter Ivy conceived The Soap Bubble Holder about 20 years ago as his graduation project at the Rhode Island School of Design.
This exceptional piece instantly earned him wide recognition in the art scene, and it is currently part of the permanent collection of The Corning Museum of Glass.
- Material: custom-blended grey-tinted glass.
Dimensions: approximately φ140 mm x 170 mm (φ5.5" x 6.7")
How to use:
- 1. Mix 2-3 drops of liquid soap with water, and put a small amount of the solution in the container using the glass straw.
- 2. Inflate the soap bubble on the pedestal
- 3. Slowly take out the straw so that the soap bubble doesn't burst.
- 4. Gently seal the holder with the cork.
- 5. Observe the soap bubble and be amazed by the perfect shape and eye-candy colors.
Care: Dust with a soft dry cloth.
Due to the very nature of handcrafted glass, each piece is one-of-a-kind and might vary slightly from the pictures.
Hand Crafted with Love in Japan
All Peter Ivy Creations are made by him in his workshop in Toyama, Japan.
Free Worldwide Shipping
Free shipping on all orders over $150.
Your Privacy Is Our Priority
End-to-end encryption to keep your data and transactions secure.
Send us an email.